Friday, October 2, 2009

26 Days

Only 26 days! I cannot believe how time is just flying right by. The last couple weeks were gone before I knew it! I now know the hospital process which gives me a little confidence and boy, I’m ready. I cannot wait to hold this little baby that is going to (and already has) completely change our life forever. I will never be the same person again. I have a new identity, a new responsibility, and a new outlook. I’ve never been so protective over anything and I’ve never loved something so much that I haven’t even seen. God is truly wonderful. He knew what he was doing when He thought out this process. Sure, there are ups and downs and times I think I’ll never be able to do this or go any longer but overall it’s all beautiful. My husband and I have drawn closer through it. It has increased our faith in God. We’ve learned to do things we never did before (like putting shelving in a cabinet – and yes, it was PERFECTLY level – so proud of that). I am looking forward to holding in our arms the one little reason for all these changes.

Someone very special to me has had a low-level in spirits. This person has always been a rock for me and I knew that in this little display of depression I wanted to be there for them. They are a wonderful child of God who strives daily to draw closer to Him. They are the kind of person that puts themself aside in order to do things for others to the glory of God. When I realized this friend was struggling, I immediately prayed for them, for God’s love to surround them and His joy to uplift them. I searched the scriptures and this touched me… For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. Jeremiah 29:11 (KJV) This individual’s discouragement was a result of well-doing. They were seeking God and they let the attitudes and opinions (or lack thereof) to discourage them. This scripture touched my heart because it was just another reminder that He is the reason, the only reason. He knows the thoughts He thinks toward us and those thoughts are the only thoughts that matter. Praise and recognition from peers and leaders are great but that’s not why we do it. We live for Him because we love Him and desire to draw closer to Him and to be more like Him. I hope that my light will shine to this individual so that they know His thoughts are all that matter in this life.

I am thankful for God’s grace and mercy and the peace He has given me on this beautiful autumn day. I came into work and a million things were thrown at me. I was overwhelmed and of course as if that weren’t enough, I was having really painful contractions. Yet somehow I remained calm and collected. I thank God for giving me peace at this stage of life. He knows JUST what we need and He is always on time.

Jesus knows just what I need
Oh, He knows just what I need
He satisfies and every need He supplies
He knows just what I need

No comments:

Post a Comment