Friday, September 25, 2009

33 Days

To do list (to get ready for Dallas)….
1. Finish packing hospital bag
2. Wash and put away his clothes
3. Wash his bedding
4. Put away everything from the shower
5. Finish thank you cards
6. Clean out the mess in his closet
7. Buy a travel system stroller
8. Set up the car-seat

Wow. There is so much to do! I was hoping to get all of this done this weekend. Not sure if that’s really possible….we'll see!

At my last doctor appointment on Wednesday the 23rd the doctor told me that he is in position and is making his way slowly. She said it’s safe to say that I won’t go past my due date, HALLELUJAH! I also explained to her that I’ve been having some serious problems with itching all over the past month or so and she did some tests to see if I have Cholestasis, a liver disease that happens only in pregnancy due to the high amounts of pregnancy hormones. It’s something that usually goes away a few days after delivery. The only thing to be of concern on is there is a very slight increase in chance (about 1%) of stillbirth, which is why if I do have the liver disease and have not delivered by my 39th week they will induce me. I am waiting to hear the results of the test. I’m not worried, I know that regardless of the outcome of the test that God has His hand on me and on Dallas. Not to mention he blessed me with some good doctors who know what they’re doing. My doctor said she just delivered a patient with Cholestasis and has another patient due soon with Cholestasis.

God is continuing to open doors for Danny and me. It’s amazing how He gives us constant reminders that He’s working things out and that He cares. We serve SUCH a loving God! I have put my complete trust and faith in Him for every situation of life. He has never done me wrong even though I don’t deserve what He gives me. It’s so hard to comprehend that the one who gave me life loves me enough to pour out blessings and be faithful even when I haven’t been a faithful servant. He is showing me His mercy in a way I’ve never known. I want to live my life wholeheartedly for Him. Danny and I were talking about how outside of work most of our time is spend doing “Church stuff.” We came to the conclusion that we like that. We enjoy the fact that we spend our extra time working in the kingdom! Everything else (careers, education, things, activities) will pass away but the time we invest in working for Him will not pass away! We will see the benefit of our labor on the other side, is there anything more important? He is a perfect God!

Here I am to worship
Here I am to bow down
Here I am to say that you're my God
Altogether lovely
Altogether worthy
Altogether wonderful to me

No comments:

Post a Comment