Tuesday, September 22, 2009

36 Days

Exhausted, fatigued, worn out, beat…..all words to describe how I feel right now. The past two nights I was actually able to sleep, so naturally I would assume that I would feel a little more awake. No, not at all. I’m starting to accept the fact that I’m going to feel this way until the end. I have to get used to being tired, not being able to breathe, feeling stiff, and having swollen feet. Once I sit or lie down I feel like it’s not worth moving lol. It’s too much work and hurts too much. God has truly blessed me with an understanding husband who recognizes when I need to just be “lazy” or go to bed. He is so understanding and I’m so appreciative.

I am really looking forward to being a stay at home mom. Not only for the blessing of being able to raise the child God has given us, but also to be a blessing to my husband. Last night when Danny got home from the gym the house was not only cleaned up but smelled good and felt home-y, with candles burning (that always adds a lot). There isn’t a more “empty” feeling then coming home to an empty house and there is no better feeling after a long day then coming home to a house that’s cleaned up, smells lovely, and feels warm. I remember this from living at home. I loved coming home when mom was there (she usually was) and the dinner was cooking, the candles were lit, it felt like home. I can’t wait to create this atmosphere for Danny on a daily basis. I know he will enjoy it thoroughly. He’ll never want me to leave the house (which is fine with me lol, I’ve sort of become a home-body over the past year).

Today is the first day of Autumn, which is exciting. I absolutely LOVE Autumn. It is without a doubt my favorite season. I love the leaves, the smells, the sweaters, the boots….all of it. And knowing Christmas is coming is a bonus. One of the best things about fall though is Thanksgiving. Is there anything more exciting than gathering with family around a table full of FABULOUS food and enjoying the time together? I enjoy it year after year and can’t wait for Thanksgiving this year. I have so much to be thankful for. And I will have even more to be thankful for by then! God is so good to me, I cannot ever list the abundant blessings He has given me. But if I could only list one thing to thank Him for, it would simply be to thank Him for who He is. Words cannot express how perfect He is.

No comments:

Post a Comment